Since 2012, Lawn Gnome Publishing has supported performers and writers through cultivating a culture of storytellers. After five years of themes, hosts and many offshoots of the original format, Yarnball is stepping up the storytelling game again.
This March 22, 10 Yarnball Storytellers will tell one story to be judged by a panel of “Yarn Overs”. The top storyteller will receive $50 and a slot in the First Phoenix Storytelling Stitch in September 2017.
Here are the rules:
1) Yarnballers have 5 minutes to tell a story
2) No notes are allowed: stories must be told, not read
3) Sign up for storytellers will be held at 7:30pm and we will draw 8 to 10 names at random for the order of competition.
4) Three judges will be selected that are members of the local community or have interest in the art of storytelling.
5) In order to encourage new stories every month, if you win a Yarnball, you cannot participate again until the First Phoenix Storytelling Stitch in September 2017.
The art of storytelling is as old as the human condition. Storytelling is for all people and can be shared by anyone. However, only YOU can tell YOUR story. Please join us for an evening of incredible real stories.